Qualtrics Help Page
External Study Credit Granting with Qualtrics
If you already have a working Qualtrics survey and access to your Sona Systems site, you may follow along with this instructional video:
Note: These instructions are for the new Qualtrics interface released in 2021. If your Qualtrics site is on the older interface, please refer to these instructions.
While these instructions refer to "credit granting", they work for both credit and paid studies. For paid studies, participation will be marked (instead of credit granted) just like with any other paid study.
Here are the basic steps, which are subject to change (since the product is controlled by Qualtrics):
Step 1: Change your Study URL on your Sona Systems site
then change it to
https://yourschool.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b9ZD41hMZaqE?id=%SURVEY_CODE% (Note: "id" must be in lower-case)
Step 2: Create an embedded field named "id" in Qualtrics
- In Qualtrics, click on your project to open the Survey tab in the Qualtrics Survey Builder.
- Click on the Survey Flow icon in the lefthand navigation bar:
- Click "Add a New Element Here" to add a new Block to the Survey Flow:
- Select the "Embedded Data" option to add this element to your Survey Flow:
- Click "Create New Field" and type "id" to create a new embedded field with this name. Be sure to type "id" in lower case, and do not type any other values in this field:
- Drag the cursor to the bottom right corner and click "Apply" to save your changes. We recommend making this the first item in the Survey Flow.
Step 3: Edit End of Survey to Redirect to Sona URL
- In Qualtrics, select the Builder icon to return to the Survey Builder:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Survey Builder and click the End of Survey
- On the left under Messaging, open the dropdown menu and select the "Redirect to URL" option:
- Enter the Qualtrics Redirect to a URL value from the Study Information page on your Sona Systems site (you may simply copy and paste the unaltered value from Sona into Qualtrics):
- The End of Survey element in the Question Block display should now reflect the Qualtrics Redirect to a URL value.
These instructions are for the typical case of a single Qualtrics survey. If you are chaining together multiple Qualtrics surveys as part of a single Sona study, review the Qualtrics Chaining Help Page.
The Integration Testing Instructions can be found here
These features are described on Qualtrics’ site at the following URL:("Passing Information Through Query Strings") https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/api-integration/passing-information-through-query-strings/